June 21 is the first day of summer and the Summer Solstice.
You want fun in the sun? You got it! Today, June 21, daylight will be around longer than any other day thanks to the summer solstice. Solstice comes from the Latin word sol (sun) and sistere (to stand still). We won’t bore you with the scientific facts.
What are you planning to do this summer? Here are some ideas to make this summer a memorable one!
- Go on several picnics. This might be a toughie depending on where you live. Down here in Florida, the heat is almost unbearable.
- Join a dance studio/club/gym. Stay fit while having fun this summer by dancing your calories away. You can also do this from the comfort of your own home by renting/buying dance work-out videos, or even watching fun work-outs on Youtube
- Got your beach body ready? Time to hit the pool! Water parks are also fun. Bikini shy? Try the activity above and start your work-out.
- Take a trip/vacation. Visit a new place and have an adventure. Low on cash? You can go to a local spot or check out some concerts happening in your area.
- Set a goal and challenge yourself! Set a deadline and plan to achieve something this summer. Or, try out a new hobby.
- Visit Farrey’s Lighting & Bath and take a look of our outdoor room and ceiling fans, you will get a lot of cool ideas to freshen up your home.