Happy Earth Day!!!
This Sunday, April 22, 2012 is Earth Day. It’s a good time to remember that energy efficiency can help “green” the planet.
It’s important to take care of the environment and take steps towards living a greener lifestyle.Here are some great tips …
1. Consider switching to CFL or LED bulbs
2. Install a low-flow showerhead. A low flow shower head is a great way to cut back on your household water usage and your hot water heater bills without having to make much of a sacrifice.
According to Natural Resources Canada, low flow shower heads use up to 70 percent less water and can help save about 15 percent of the cost of hot water.
3. Install dimmers: This is one of the easiest green home improvements you can make and it enhances ambiance.
4. Add occupancy/vacancy sensors; these are ideal for rooms where lights are often inadvertently left on, such as a child’s room, garage, or laundry room. These sensors can save up to 10% lighting energy.
5. Install a Motion Sensor Faucet. Instead of the water continuing to run while teeth are being scrubbed, it stops until it is time to rinse. Cool huh!
6. RECYCLE!!!! No matter what kind of light you use whether it be compact fluorescent (CFL), light-emitting diode (LED) or traditional incandescent bulbs, most types can be recycled.